We are now looking for a Solutions engineer who will be responsible for responsible for providing business driven technical solutions to new & existing customers primarily across Connectivity product family incorporating WAN, VoIP, Managed Security and IP VPN.
The Solutions Engineer must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning benefits to both business and technical needs.
Responsibilities & Key Objectives
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine business drivers and ensuring that all necessary technical information is collated prior to producing a business driven solution
- Provide the lead in large bids, understanding customer requirements, creating the solution, and documenting it so that the customer fully understands the solution which enet can deliver upon
- Upon sales completion, the solutions engineer will have documented the solution, worked with service delivery on a high level project plan, and will remain in customer contact to ensure the successful delivery of the solution.
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development frame work
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to enet
- Take the Lead in technical customer workshops.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts etc.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, in both commercial and technology environments
- Professional oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
- A very good understanding of security, specifically how it applies in an MPLS WAN environment. While not mandatory, a good knowledge of Fortinet firewall products and IDS & IPS services would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Cirpack and Genband voice switches would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry.
- Good working knowledge of Internet connectivity methods including xDSL and Ethernet services using copper and fibre presentation.
- Excellent understanding of VPN technologies including IPSEC and MPLS VPNs
- Having CCNP level certification or higher would be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in a Solutions/Presales Engineer technical role
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally and externally at a variety of levels
- Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- The overall ability to combine technical knowledge, with a keen business sense, is essential in this role.
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com before Thursday 7th September 2017