Senior Voice Engineer
- Operational authority for the voice platform.
- Setting the standards for Voice platform build, acceptance and operation.
- Defining functional requirements.
- Developing multi-vendor integration plans.
- Preparing technical design specification and documentation, technical papers and reports as required.
- Maintaining and publishing current voice network topology diagrams.
- Tier 3 point of escalation for voice network, and complex customer challenges.
- Deploying highly reliable voice network components.
- Testing, certifying and documenting equipment installation procedures.
- Performing reconfiguration and upgrade of network elements, systems and facilities.
- Providing network capacity analysis and management reporting.
- Defining problems, actions for resolution, and developing functional specifications.
- Designing tactical plans in accordance with customer specifications.
- Providing technical assistance for all evaluation and selection of partner products.
- Technical lead in large or complex projects.
Key Required Competencies
- Experience with carrier grade systems, topologies & architectures.
- Experience with carrier grade session border controllers & call controllers
- Deep understanding of SIP call flow and ability to analyze complicated call signaling using packet analyzers.
- Adept with SS7/ISUP.
- Solid knowledge of Ethernet technologies, including addressing, protocols and routing technologies, with particular emphasis on VoIP technologies.
- Ability to provide call detail analysis.
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Good documentation and general communication ability with strong interpersonal skills
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field. Five years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be sufficient.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
Additional Competencies which would be highly advantageous (in order of priority)
- Familiarity with Genband or Cirpack network platforms
- Telecom vendor experience in testing and validation of carrier class platforms
- Experience with virtualization (KVM)
- Well versed in Linux operating system and hands-on experience with Linux systems
- Ability to understand and design VoIP based IP peering
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuinely unique challenge, please apply to email@example.com by 5.30pm on May 24th 2017.